Tuesday 23 June 2015

What has happened to optimism?

I have to confess that today was not a lot of fun. It's cold, unbelievably cold for June. 13 degrees in Ulm. There was also one hell of a headwind, which makes long distances so very tiring. I don't know, perhaps I've done enough.

Anyway, managed another 110 km and am staying at a reasonable hotel at Blaubeuren, near Ulm. I seem to have forgotten to eat again, so hopefully a blowout in the hotel restaurant tonight. Perhaps that will bring back the cheer.

I am definitely not going to Holland, I think I'll be hard put to make it to the Ardennes without a bit of assistance from the train. Ladies and gentlemen, I'm knackered.

Sorry this is so downbeat.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris,
    Fantastic! Over 200 km in 2 days! Tomorrow another 100 and your over half way to Luxembourg. Wish i could be with you. Never mind, i had another interesting day at work ..... I noticed it was cold also when i cycled home after work in a t-shirt .. Any way, good luck again tomorrow! Talk to you then.
    Ad.

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to hear from anyone following this blog. I will make every effort to get back to you if your comment needs a reply and you leave contact details. To comment anonymously, select 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment As' option.

Thank you so much...Chris