Monday 8 June 2015

FFS

Monday 8th June
Swim before breakfast, delicious but worrying as my hand is worse - could not close my fingers while swimming. This could curtail things. Maybe I can see a doctor in Munich.

The ride so far has been dull. Going through Tours was stressful and took ages, and for the last hour, I've had a busy main road on one side and impenetrable trees on the other. Fortunately, amusement was provided by a young blade on a moped attempting (but failing) wheelies. My how we laughed.

Sitting in the sun in a delightful café at Montlouis sur Loire having a pleasing but expensive latte.

Later. All in all, it's been a pretty crap day. I have had the wind against me since leaving Paimpol, but today it's really been blowing a hooley. At one point, going down a 5% incline, I stopped pedalling - and stopped moving. Additionally, for reasons that baffle, the cycle path would veer away from the river, climb a steep 500 feet and head off across the wind-swept plain for 10km or so.  Think Norfolk, but nicely elevated to catch whatever wind was going. At one point, some jobsworth git tried to tell me the road was closed, although it clearly wasn't. 'Oh, really?' I sneered (in French, of course) and cycled on.

To finish, the Chambre d'hôtes is in the middle of nowhere and I have only a stale packet of peanuts. All in all.. J'en ai marre. I do admit the last problem is of my own making.

Night night

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear from anyone following this blog. I will make every effort to get back to you if your comment needs a reply and you leave contact details. To comment anonymously, select 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment As' option.

Thank you so much...Chris