Tuesday 2 June 2015

Let's call it days 0 and 1

I wrote a huge amount and the network died. I'm too knackered to write it again. Let's just say it rained. A lot. And I went too far.

Bit later: had a good stodge-out so feeling better.  The local cider is pretty goof, too.

The crossing yesterday was appalling, I think the worst I've known. Couldn't sleep because I was almost thrown out of bed every couple of minutes, puke everywhere. Not me, fortunately.

Today was disappointing, the scenery was lovely, but the constant rain and high wind spoilt everything.

It should have been 109 km, but Mio's little vagaries turned it into over 120, too far for this geriatric.

B&B - L'abri des îles, in Paimpol, is excellent and Nathalie charming and helpful. Paimpol is pleasant, though understandably touristy.

Apparently tomorrow will be better.

Night, all.

1 comment:

  1. No mention of Gun Emplacements as yet?
    Hope weather improved now as currently basking in "sunny spells" here.
    120km - ayfm? Did you learn nothing from Slovakia?
    Have fun whatever
    Phil
    (your nearest Railway Station currently Avenue Du Generale De Gaulle - bikes welcome)

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to hear from anyone following this blog. I will make every effort to get back to you if your comment needs a reply and you leave contact details. To comment anonymously, select 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment As' option.

Thank you so much...Chris