Wednesday 10 June 2015

Bit of a cock up

First, a poem, in French, I hope you like it.

Euh! La Loire !
J'en ai marre.

I am expecting a call from l'académie française any moment.

It's probably sacrilege, but I mean, the Loire.. What's the point? It's a shallow fast - flowing river. I challenge anyone to say from a  photo where any bit of it is.  It's all the bloody same. And another thing, what sort of moron thinks that cobbles are a suitable material for a cycle path? Anyway, I had a damascene moment this morning, a cobble too far, and I thought, the sodding thing doesn't even go in the right direction. So, armed only with 3 gps's and a map, I went off piste.

Yes, the horrendous headwind was still there, but somehow, the fact I was actually heading east seemed cheering. Additionally, there were things to look at, horses, trees, factory farms-lots of those.

It's always the detail that bites me. Normally in France you see Chambres d'hôtes everywhere. I didn't see one in hours. Google is your friend, but it seems a lot of feckless b and b owners couldn't be bothered to let Google know they were having their hols.

Eventually, after 120 km I found an eco castle - yes, really - and the kindly owner took pity, even though he was officially closed.

Thank you people who have commented. It  can be lonely and it's really good to know that someone is reading this bilge. Darren, yes, indeed a polecat, I checked in Wikipedia. Philip, I don't think Jargeau is nearly stylish enough for you. Whoever L is, the answer is yes, but discretion is important.

Night, all, whatever will tomorrow bring?

2 comments:

  1. We enjoy reading your blog ! Seems you're having fun :-)
    Love, Ad and Carla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, the last thing it is, is bilge. It's so easy to hear your voice when reading these posts.

    Geoff

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to hear from anyone following this blog. I will make every effort to get back to you if your comment needs a reply and you leave contact details. To comment anonymously, select 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment As' option.

Thank you so much...Chris