Wednesday 24 June 2015

What a difference a day makes

Yesterday, suicidal, today, full of joy. Down, I think, to two things, eating and weather. Although it's still not exactly what you would call midsummer, the wind has dropped, it's warmer, and it's not raining.

I am sitting in the sun, by the side of Eurovelo 7, counting my blessings. Blimey, I could be a Greek pensioner, so apologies for yesterday's gloom. See you later.

Although I have not covered a huge distance today (75km) a lot was pretty serious climbing, including one of 18%, almost 1 in 5 to you and me. On the whole, the German countryside is beautiful, as one would expect, neat and tidy, although I can only comment on Bavaria and Baden-Württemberg so far. I find it loathsome that most of the farm animals are kept indoors. This is inhumane and one of the reasons I don't eat meat. We're much better in the UK, but heading in the same direction. Anyway, enough of my soap box.

I am staying in an indifferent (but cheap) pension in the unfortunately named Wankheim.

On the nature table.

One suicidal cricket.
Ditto shrew.
Also the closest I have ever been to a buzzard. I know they're dead common these days, but still magnificent.

Bis später

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris. Good progress again today and by the sounds of it, a friendlier day today. You're close to Tübingen, which is a nice town. Wishing you good roads, wind in your back and downhill cycling for tomorrow ! Cheers, Ad.

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to hear from anyone following this blog. I will make every effort to get back to you if your comment needs a reply and you leave contact details. To comment anonymously, select 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment As' option.

Thank you so much...Chris