Friday 26 June 2015

French for beginners - buying a ticket

Translate into French:

Moi (for it is he) Good morning, I would like a ticket to Roscoff tomorrow morning for me and my bicycle, is that possible?

M. SNCF I very much doubt it. Anyway, why go to Roscoff? There's nothing there. Strasbourg has everything.

Moi euhh? I want to catch the ferry.

M. SNCF No, no, the ferry goes from Calais. I sell you a ticket there.


And so on. Eventually, after being convinced by a colleague that, yes, there was a ferry from Roscoff, we had a long discussion about where the ferry went, why one would want to go there and finally, he sold me a ticket. I hasten to add this was all very good natured.

It is wonderful not to have to cycle anywhere today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear from anyone following this blog. I will make every effort to get back to you if your comment needs a reply and you leave contact details. To comment anonymously, select 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment As' option.

Thank you so much...Chris