Sunday 14 June 2015

The power of teams

When I had the mercifully relatively brief spell of my life as a corporate apparatchik, rather than do anything useful, the plan was management by slogan. One load of horse's do do we were supposed to disseminate was 'the power of teams'. Well, let me tell you now, it's b0ll0cks. When I was on my own, I was averaging 100 km per day. Now I am with Ad, this has gone down to 30. However, beer consumption has sextupled, and we are having fun. Incidentally, 'most of all, let's have fun' was also one of the many slogans, so perhaps it wasn't all bad.

Well, dear Reader, I have a confession to make, and I'm a bit embarrassed. We're at Waldshut, and look at it how you will, Waldshut is not Munich, nor even close. Yet tomorrow we take the train. I'm afraid that the mind is willing but the flesh is weak. In the meantime, more beer...

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear from anyone following this blog. I will make every effort to get back to you if your comment needs a reply and you leave contact details. To comment anonymously, select 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment As' option.

Thank you so much...Chris