Sunday 12 June 2016

Country Joe and the Fish

You cannot imagine the relief when your train actually turns up, your reserved cycle space is actually there, you're moving very fast westward and you're listening to Country Joe and the Fish. After two very unpleasant days, that feels very, very good.

En route, a brat decided to fiddle with my bike. When I told him to stop, his dad said 'he's only a little boy', so I suggested maybe the fault lay elsewhere. People, don't you just love them. Or maybe - and this is unlikely - I'm a right grumpy bastard.

Bad planning - again
When I booked my ticket - incidentally, the English version of the SNCF website says you can't reserve bike space online, but the French version lets you do just that - at the end of the booking, they suggested 'partner hotels' which could be added to the booking. As one seemed astonishing value, I did just that. Foolishly, I assumed that, if you were coming by train, it would be close to the station. It isn't.

So that's kind of it. It's about a 2hr cycle to Roscoff, apparently lovely, so hoping for good weather. I wonder - doubtless you do too - why I do these things. But in the long run, everything is pointless, isn’t it? I must say, I'm looking forward to being home again.

FIN

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear from anyone following this blog. I will make every effort to get back to you if your comment needs a reply and you leave contact details. To comment anonymously, select 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment As' option.

Thank you so much...Chris