Sunday 15 March 2015

About me and what I'm doing.

Having motorcycled all around Europe, I decided, now that I'm retired, that I will have a decent cycle ride instead. I have done a few short-ish trips with friends in France, Austria and Hungary, but this is going to be, for a geriatric like me, a biggie!

I live in Cornwall in the south-west of the UK and plan to take the ferry from Plymouth to Roscoff and then cycle to Hofsingelding, near Munich, to visit my dear friends Ad and Carla. I will stooge around there for a couple of weeks, if they'll have me, and then, if I still have any energy at all, I will cycle back home via Belgium and Holland.

All of this is negotiable. Fortunately, there are good trains everywhere (except England), so I can always cheat, but I hope I don't.

I'm not great at planning, and am currently reading a couple of books about cycle trips; to say their planning is more detailed than my own would be an understatement. Still, I've got just under 3 months to come up with a cunning plan.

Feel free to offer suggestions.

Thanks for reading...Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear from anyone following this blog. I will make every effort to get back to you if your comment needs a reply and you leave contact details. To comment anonymously, select 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment As' option.

Thank you so much...Chris