Tuesday 7 July 2015

Gee..but it's great to be back home...

One of the plus points about going away is that it makes you appreciate how good you have it at home. I like my comforts and I like my privacy, and  you have to forsake both when you're on the road on a bicycle. The thing that I found most irksome was getting clothes washed and, more importantly, dried. After a month, you really do get fed up with putting on damp socks. I had a gauze bag and thought it would be possible to dry stuff by putting it in the bag and trailing the bag in the wind, but a) you look a dick and b) everything just gets dirty again.

I do like Brittany Ferries, their boats are large and comfortable. Certainly a better option than driving back to Cornwall from Portsmouth, or even worse, Dover.

My bike was utterly disgusting, it took me a morning to clean it, and the chain is still a bit yukky. It has developed a very irritating creak when I'm pedalling hard, and I am trying to track it down. Hopefully not the bottom bracket.

Anyway, home to a garden looking like a rainforest, and bickering at the flying club...I must start planning my next trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be lovely to hear from anyone following this blog. I will make every effort to get back to you if your comment needs a reply and you leave contact details. To comment anonymously, select 'Anonymous' from the 'Comment As' option.

Thank you so much...Chris